High school classes began shortly after the completion of the Spring Garden Street School in 1895; this building is on the National Register of Historic Places. With increased enrollment, the school was moved to a former girls school, Berkeley Hall, in 1907, and to its own building in 1909. A large addition was completed in 1922. The 1909 structure was destroyed by fire in 1957, and after a vote that narrowly defeated establishing a regional high school, additions were made to the building in 1958 and 1961.
In 1907 the Red Devils, Palmyra's football team, began its rivalry with Bulington City. This is the oldest school rivalry in Burlington County. Now we are known as the Palmyra Panthers, but the rivalry still exists as does Palmyra High School's fierce determination and drive to achieve both Scholastic and Athletic excellence.